Listen ya’ll, sometimes, life just happens. Eventually, we all find ourselves in unexpected, painful moments — whether it is being laid off of work, experiencing sudden health issues, losing of a loved one, or getting a divorce. None of these things can be anticipated, and they always come as a terrible shock. But when they happen, we can still make the choice to embrace the moment we find ourselves in and push through it.
Brittany Null, a full-time YouTuber and single mom of three, has chosen to do just that. After going through an unexpected divorce, Brittany rebranded her Youtube Channel— the very same channel she had built with her ex-husband. She chose to name it Britt’s Space, and now uses it to document her journey as a single mom, showing the world what it looks like to embrace life—even, if not especially, when that means finding beauty in the struggle. On this podcast, Brittany and I discuss how she keep it real with her subscribers, the reality of being a single mom of three, and what self-care looks like for her.
Brittany is clear: her life right now isn’t at all what she and imagined it would be., But even so, she has decided to make it the life she wants to live. And wherever she struggles or falls short, she looks to God to make up the difference. Brittany encourages single mothers to take a deep breath, give themselves grace, and let go off the shame.
If you’ve found yourself in an unexpected season of life, listen to this episode and be encouraged by Brittany Null and her decision to embrace the struggle.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Embracing your struggle
- The realities of single motherhood
- Allowing yourself to feel
- Choosing to move forward
Resources From Today’s Show
- Watch this episode on YouTube
- Find Brittany online on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- Follow Brittany on her blog
==> Click to Tweet
- “If you try to run ahead of God is lighting your path, then you will be run into the dark not know what you’re doing. Walk in the light.’” – Brittany Null
- “Self care is sometimes just taking a shower.” – Brittany Null
- “God doesn’t see me as less than just because I don’t have a husband.” – Brittany Null
- “I’m only one person and God will make up the difference.” – Brittany Null
==> General Links
- If you haven’t already grabbed your free download, you can do so by clicking here!
- Did you miss my episode with Jackie Hill Perry? Make sure you listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How have you chosen to embrace the unexpected moments in your life?
- Have you been intentional about seeking community? If not, why?
- If that unexpected moment resulted in hurt or pain, have you made space for healing?
- Where in your life do you need God to make up the difference?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!