Do you have people in your life that are constantly asking “why are you still single?” Are you about one fake nod and smile away from replying “because God isn’t in the business of delivering good men via Amazon Prime”? If so, this single-ladies’ chat with a few of my friends is for you!
You might be a single woman trying to understand how to live your life to the fullest. Or maybe you are struggling with your single status and wondering if or when your husband will show up. Whether you are content or simply curious about how long you will be in the single season, this episode will encourage and inspire you to celebrate exactly who you are right now.
My “in-real-life” friends, Emerald, Vonnetta, Dee, and Danielle stopped by to have an honest and laugh-worthy dialogue about what single life is really about. I asked for honesty, and they delivered. These women shared their joys, fears, lessons learned, and tips for living a full life “before the ring.”
Join me along with four dynamic women as we have a hilariously transparent heart-to-heart and engage in “real-talk” about being unmarried. All too often surface-level conversations surround this very real topic. Whether you’re happily single or hoping to make it down the aisle on day, these women offer a refreshing take on being saved and single.
Take some time to listen as we move past “patiently waiting on Boaz” and get honest about celibacy, desires, boundaries, and wanting a fine man…who loves the Lord, of course.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Boundaries in dating
- Real talk about celibacy
- How to be single and fulfilled
- Being over 30 and unmarried
- Relational contentment
Resources From Today’s Show
- Watch the video version of this episode
- Want to listen to more episodes about living single? Check out my interview with Shelly or my interview with Debra. Both of those will encourage you to walk with purpose and intention in your season of single living.
- Stay up-to-date with Chrystal and friends on her website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Living Single by Dr. Tony Evans
==> Click to Tweet
- I’ve been celibate a couple of times, but the last time it stuck. – Vonnetta Lee
- Married or single, maximizing the “right now” is something we all have to do. -Chrystal Hurst
- Learn to push pass the disappointments. – Vonnetta Lee
- When setting your dating boundaries, remember things change after dark. – Chrystal Hurst
- Living single and content is a work in process everyday. – Emerald Jospeh
==> General Links
- Did you miss my last week’s episode on marriage with Clayton and Ashlee Hurst? Be sure and listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your contentment in singleness? 1 being “my husband needs to show up tomorrow” and 10 being “I could be happy and unmarried forever.” Why?
- What are you doing to “maximize your today”?
- What are three things you desire in a mate? Why?
- What are three things that would make you a better mate? Why?
- How do you/can you prioritize the Lord now?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!