For the next couple of months I’ll be sharing She’s Still There Stories on the podcast. What is a She’s Still There Story? It’s the journey of a woman who discovers or rediscovers herself despite disappointment, detours, difficulties, or even disaster. While I wrote She’s Still There to share some of my own journey, She’s Still There isn’t just about my story — it’s about the story that many women share. It’s about an idea that each of us has the power to encourage another by owning our stories and sharing our stories too.
Today’s guest is no stranger to living through difficult circumstances. Valorie Burton is a best selling author, speaker and life coach. Whether from the stage when she speaks, or by way of her writing and coaching, Valorie is helping women to shift their focus to what’s right in their lives rather than what’s wrong. She encourages us all to get unstuck and to be unstoppable.
On this episode we’re talk about maintaining hope after divorce.Valorie shares how she made the choice to be better not bitter despite painful circumstances. She speaks openly and honestly about the practical ways in which she embraced her life and what decisions she made to keep moving forward. While the road leading away from dark places usually takes time to travel, Valorie offers wisdom that will give others the courage to decide to do the work necessary to get stronger and to lead a healthier and happier life.
Valorie prayed this prayer for herself and now I am praying it for you: May God restore your soul to where it was before any of things happened that may have skewed your view of love and of who He is. I pray that as you listen to this podcast there will be renewal and restoration from past and/or current hurts. Because the girl you always wanted to be or never knew you would be, She’s Still There.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Maintaining hope after divorce
- Exercise and boosting your positive emotions
- The importance of strong relationships
- Pursuing happiness in a healthy way
==> Click to Tweet
- Decide that you will better, not bitter. – Valorie Burton
- How dare we not have anything in our lives to give God thanks for. – Valorie Burton
- You still have a whole lot of life in front of you. – Valorie Burton
- Don’t hold your happiness hostage to your circumstances. – Valorie Burton
- Happiness is a magnet. – Valorie Burton
- Your healing and wholeness is more important than finding your mate. -Valorie Burton
- The blessing of starting over is indeed a blessing. – Valorie Burton
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Pre-Order She’s Still There
- Find Valorie Burton on her website, on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube
- Get connected with The CaPP Institute. Download the FREE audio and PDF
- Ecclesiastes 3:12-23, Psalm 23
- Previous Episode with Valorie Burton
- So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss last week’s fun podcast with my friend, Michelle Lewings? Check it out here!
Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Has your view of God and/or love been skewed by past or present circumstances?
- What decision(s) do you need to make to move towards a happier and healthier life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!