Are you really committed?
Are you really all in as it relates to your relationship with God?
The details of our commitment will dictate the level that we can go to in our relationship with God and seeing Him actively involved, even in a miraculous way, in our lives.
Many of us want to be committed but are not because we let other things, or “idols”, get in the way of the commitment we say we want to have.
So today I want to ask you some questions. I want to ask US some questions.
My hope is that as I do so, we can examine areas of our life where we haven’t realized
…we were holding back on God
…we have given precedence to something or someone else over God
… we valued another person, place, thing, or idea more than God
…we have unknowingly allowed an idol to replace God as the primary focus and faith object in our lives.
Are you committed?
Well let’s see…
Here are some questions for you to consider and ponder inwardly:
What thing have you sacrificed the most for?
Who in your life do you feel like you can’t forgive and why?
What one thing do you most hope for in your future?
What is the one thing you most worry about losing?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
When do you feel the most significant?
What do you find yourself constantly mentioning when you’re around other people?
Where do you turn for comfort when things aren’t going well?
What makes you sad? What triggers depression?
What angers you most with others and with God?
Who’s approval do you seek?
What do you complain about the most?
Our answers to these questions can help us identify potential idols in our lives.
What level of commitment do you have to unearthing your “nail”?
When it’s time to get rid of something in your life, the first effort probably is not going to be your only effort.
How has God already repeated himself to you?
Are you willing to be committed to do what God is asking you to do?
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“Being Committed. Are You All In?”
- We are all prone to having idols, because we were designed to worship.
- Repent. Renew. Receive.
- When you make the decision to get rid of an idol, you will have to make that decision over and over again. And that’s OK.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Read the passage – 1 Kings 18:20-40 and Joshua 24:14-15
- Want to read more about idols and figure out whether or not you have one? Check out these posts…
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Click HERE to listen.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- What idols do you currently have in your life?
- Have you ever tried to get rid of them?
- What will you do differently today as a result of today’s podcast?
Oh yes! And we can’t forget!…
Here is this weeks’s #MilesforMercy report.
Also, don’t forget out the #MilesforMercy challenge on Instagram!
If you haven’t joined yet, you are not too late to jump in. You can read all about it by CLICKING HERE! We’ve got ONE MORE WEEK in the month of October to get miles run, biked, stair-mastered, etc! Log your miles and share them on Instagram using #MilesforMercy as a hashtag. Your hashtag will help spread awareness! If you choose, you can, like me, donate to Mercy House Kenya based on the distance you are moving. Either way, your participation helps a lot!
Here are the wonderful prizes for our challenge. Thanks to Kristen Welch for sending over some things for our giveaway.
Here is the winner for the last week!
One day girl… one day… I’m gonna get my behind on a beach and RUN! LOL!
If you haven’t read about The Mercy Marathon, please do.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!