Have you ever been so angry with someone…
that you bristle when you hear their name?
Is there a person that has disappointed you so terribly that even thinking about the thought of him or her leads to tears welling up in your eyes?
Or maybe you’ve been so hurt that forgiving another person seems like an impossible thing to do.
The reality is that the idea of forgiveness is simple…
but the act of forgiving may not be as easy.
Most of us would acknowledge that should we should forgive but there are many that struggle with exactly how to do it.
Because forgiveness is a matter of the heart, the emotions of hurt, anger, disappointment, and pain can sometimes obscure the importance of extending mercy and grace. However, forgiveness is worth figuring out. It releases both the giver and the receiver and allows both to experience the gift of freedom from the past.
So how exactly do we forgive? What are some practical tips for releasing another person?
Today’s podcast shares a few tips and guiding principles that have worked… and are still working for me.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13 NIV
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“Figuring Out Forgiveness”
Be conscious about your need to forgive.
Have compassion for the person that has offended or hurt you.
Release the person. Holding them hostage is in reality holding yourself hostage to the pain.
Forgive the action or the wrong done by the person to you.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out by clicking HERE!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- How did today’s podcast help you?
- Who is God asking you to release and forgive?
- What can you do today to take a first step toward forgiving another?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!