Webster’s dictionary defines influence as “the power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways.” Do you believe you have influence? You might think not, but as Pam Tebow, mother of former professional football player Tim Tebow, will be explaining today, we are all capable of having a powerful influence on the world; in fact, even the smallest decisions we make can matter far more than we realize. In her book Ripple Effects, Pam uncovers and explains the miraculous motivating power we can have on this generation and the next, regardless of where we have been planted in life.
Far from being a hindrance to you having influence, the place you have been planted is actually where God most wants you to have influence. You may feel like you have been planted in cement, but remember: God can grow things anywhere. He even prefers to use unexpected people and situations to accomplish his purposes, because he gets more glory that way (see 1 Corinthians 1:26-31)! Pam’s story is an excellent example of the amazing ways God works. She did not grow up in a Christian home, so the value of positive influence was not always front and center for her. But eventually, as she grew in her faith and went on to raise and homeschool five children, Pam learned that her influence was not only vital for her family but for everyone she came in contact with. She can now see how the seeds she had the privilege or planting have grown and produced fruit.
Pam believes that everyone has a purpose, and she is especially passionate about helping women to find their purpose and walk in it. Raising a family, homeschooling her children, serving on the mission field, and confronting serious doctor’s diagnosis taught her the power of depending on a big God.
Never forget: You serve a big God. And because you serve a big God, you have the power and capacity to influence others in countless ways that you can’t even imagine. Whether you feel influential or not, I hope this podcast encourages you to explore the countless ways you can begin to positively influence others, right where you are.
It’s never too late. Today is a good day to start.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- The power of a woman’s influence
- Getting started with homeschooling
- Raising children on the mission field
- Having faith in a big God
- Influencing your children
Click to Tweet
- “We have the opportunity to impact people who impact people.” – Pam Tebow
- “Faith is like a muscle: the more you exercise it, the bigger it gets.” – Bob Tebow
- “God can use our stories to tell His story.” – Christy Tebow
- “Be ready to stand for truth, even if you take a hit.” – Pam Tebow
- “You can obey by faith, even when you don’t feel like it.” – Pam Tebow
- “Just take one step. God will give you the courage to take the next one.” – Pam Tebow
Resources From Today’s Show
- Purchase Pam Tebow’’s book, Ripple Effects: Discover the Miraculous Motivating Power of a Woman’s Influence
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 211 With Jo Saxton?! Click here to listen! You can also watch our full conversation here on YouTube.
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What woman has influenced you most? Have you taken the time to thank her for the ripple effects she has had on your life?
- Where do you have the most influence in your current season of life? How are you influencing others for good?
- In what ways do you want to expand your influence?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!