Who is my favorite Girl Boss/Mom Boss? My daughter, Kariss Farris. Kariss and her husband, Joshua, own a photography business – while also boss-parenting two adorable little people! I think my daughter is a ridiculously great photographer and a ridiculously great mom too. Kariss is right in the middle of growing a business while she is raising children and in our chat she explains the ins and outs of making her boss-life possible. We talk about the importance of sacrifice, systems, and assistance, as well as how she came to feel free to take the leap of working for herself!
Kariss specifically shares some of her favorite apps, as well as tips and tricks for getting things done. How did she and her husband know when to hire help? How did they afford to hire help? With two children under the age of three, when exactly does she work? Nitty gritty people. This episode is all about the nitty-gritty. And the discussion happens with baby-coos in the background. It doesn’t get any better than that.
I’ve had so much fun interviewing women entrepreneurs for the series on Girl Bosses but my interview with my daughter is special for obvious reasons. Not only is she is my daughter and I’m proud of how she’s killing it as a mom, wife, and business owner, but she’s young. Whatever your age, “girl-bossing” is possible.
Do you have entrepreneurial dreams? Well guess what? Those dreams are possible whenever you get ready to make them come true.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Girl Boss/Mom Boss resources galore!
- How to maximize your gifts.
- The importance of sacrifice.
- The cutest baby sounds.
- “Maximize your strengths. Outsource the things you’re not good at.” – Kariss Farris
- “The woman in Proverbs 31 didn’t do it all by herself.”- Kariss Farris
- “What are you bringing to the table that differentiates you from everyone else?” – Kariss Farris
- “Want to create, grow, or own? Sacrifice will be necessary.” – Kariss Farris
Resources From Today’s Show
- Pharris Photos
- Calendly – a scheduling resources
- Gmail & Google Calendar
- iPhone Notes app (built in phone app)
- Teux Deux – – a simple, designy to-do app!
- Paper Calendars -Target!
- Lightroom & Photoshop
- A Color Story ==> General Links
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? It’s available for the month of June here.
- Did you catch my chat with Nicole Walters, another Girl Boss? Listen here.
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Is it time for you to make the leap and work toward becoming a girl boss?
- What can you do to maximize your resources so you are free to maximize your gifts?
- How can you implement effective systems?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!