If you are reading this post after 9/4/13, you are NOT late!
Just read this page to get the hang of what we are doing, leave a comment, and then jump in. After you read this page, just click on “BLOG” at the top of the screen to find the most recent posts and join us!
I am so excited that you are joining me for the
~ #KingdomWoman One Month Journey! ~
A Welcome from Dad and I…
Today is the KICKOFF of our journey and the first of FIVE Kingdom Woman Wednesdays. The goal of our One Month Journey together is not only to read and discuss Kingdom Woman but also to apply principles found in Kingdom Woman so that we can activate change in our lives!
On each of the Wednesday posts, I’ll share some thoughts with you about where we are headed and then give you a little “R&R”, that is… your assignment for reading and reflection. I love the idea of talking to you via video, so I might do that too every now and again, but you can at least know that your “R&R” will be here in black and white for convenient reference.
OK, Kingdom Woman Kindreds! Here goes!…
Please read the following instructions carefully and then watch the video!
- READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO TODAY’S “R&R”.
- Be sure and post a comment to today’s post. That will let me know you are HERE!
- Make sure I can “see” you! Go to Gravatar.com so I can see your face in the comments! (It’s easy! Just click on the green button labeled “Get your gravatar today” )
- Are you going SOLO? Be sure and respond to the posts with a comment! The rest of your “Kingdom Kindreds” will be your group! Also, by doing your part in sharing your answers here, you will be actively participating in the journey and the experience will be richer for you. You are not alone! Your voice (comment) matters!
- Are you reading on the journey with a GROUP of girlfriends? Even if you read and discuss with your “in-real-life” friends, be sure and share some (or all) of your “journey goodness” with us here as well! We want to benefit from your “journey juice” too!
- When you post a comment today, identify yourself by: first name, city, state, (and country if not the USA), whether you are going solo or participating in a small group. THEN respond to your reflection questions. Here’a a sample comment to give you a visual: Chrystal, Dallas, Texas, Solo, Answer #1, #2, etc…
- Once you comment for yourself, feel free to reply to any comment that you see in the thread. Let’s encourage each other!
And just for today! Your comment will enter you to win a Kingdom Woman book for a friend and a Kingdom Woman Tote Bag for yourself! I’ll select a winner at random.
A little more “Welcome” from me!
~ Today’s “R&R” ~
Every week you will have an assignment to reflect on the previous week’s reading.
Since we don’t have a previous week’s reading yet, today w are going to have fun!
- If you were on the stage at Madison Square Gardens standing in front of thousands and thousands of people, and you could perform (and perform well), any song in the world, what song would that be? (This can be serious or ridiculous.)
- In ten words or less, describe your present season. What comes to mind when you think about the life you are currently living? Here are a few ideas to get your juices flowing: young mom, single and satisfied, empty nester, on the path to big bucks, newly divorced, starving myself to death trying to lose weight, finding my faith, etc.
- Besides your mom, aunt, or grandmother, name a woman who has been a strong female role model for you. This can be someone you know personally… or not.
- Finish this sentence. “I will be a Kingdom Woman when I…”
- Feel free to comment on the video devotional regarding anything that resonated with you.
By next Wednesday, September 11th, read the Introduction of Kingdom Woman
(If you’ve already read it, either read it again, or go back through and take time to review the Bibliepassages mentioned)
Read Psalm 139 at least three times over the next week.
Pick at least one verse from that same chapter and memorize it!
~ What Else You Need to Know ~
Kingdom Woman Q &A
Submit questions on biblical womanhood for myself or my dad, Tony Evans, to answer!
Just click on the “Ask Chrystal” button on the menu bar (under “Chrystal”)
Each week on Wednesday via video blog, one (or both) of us will answer some of the questions we receive!
Kingdom Woman Connections
Facebook Party, Twitter Chat, and Blog Link up are coming next week!
Stay tuned, more details and directions to come!
Get a pen that you love! Get ready to mark up your book or write in a journal!
Don’t like to write with a pen? Start a blog!
Feel free to use the graphic below to share the One Month Journey with others!
The Blog – The main source of information for the journey is on the blog. Be sure and subscribe so that posts from the blog will go straight to your email box and you won’t miss anything. While you can find me blabbing away on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, those are optional places to find me or other info, graphics, or FUN on the Kingdom Woman One Month Journey.
The Comments – Your responses in the comments are your way to make sure that I see your thoughts. Please pour your heart out there. I read every single one. Each week you will be invited to share your journey in the comment section. I hope you do!
Social Media – Make it easy for me to find you! As you share quotes from the book on Facebook or Twitter or maybe even take, make, and share graphic images on Pinterest or Instagram, be sure and use the hashtag #KingdomWoman. This way, we can find each other as we share!
The Book – We are reading and reflecting on Kingdom Woman. It’s not too late to download an Ebook or pick one up at your local bookstore and join the journey!