Today, I’m talking with my new friend, Rebecca, as she has done and continues to do the hard work of telling her story and leaning into places where she has felt shame to share. Rebecca shares her powerful story of healing, redemption, and restoration. As a survivor of human trafficking, Rebecca talks about the misrepresentation of trafficking and reveals how God is still in the business of delivering people and radically changing lives.
Rebecca not only shares her story for people who are experiencing their own trafficking reality, but she is also calling for parents to take action. We often think we know what we know, until we know that we don’t. This is a great story to teach you what you don’t know, and open up your eyes to how you can operate in this world by showing love, being understanding of other people, and sharing the love of God.
Rebecca‘s testimony is one with great truths for those healing from abuse, abandonment, fear, and other traumas. If you find yourself feeling stuck in an unhealthy situation, you’re trying to get your life together, or you’ve been impacted negatively by other people, you will enjoy hearing Rebecca’s story, and will be moved to action. You will be encouraged to admit where you’ve been and what you’ve been through in order to come out from under the layers of shame so that it does not become the director of your story. God meets us in our hardest places and shows us the reasons behind all of the things he wants to use for our destiny and His glory.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Finding yourself in situations you can’t leave.
- Addiction and sin are nothing new to God.
- Overcoming hurdles and healing from trauma.
- Becoming fully empowered to create something new with Christ.
- Radical deliverance and restoration.
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Rebecca on Instagram, Facebook, or on her website
- Purchase a copy of, In Pursuit of Love: One Woman’s Journey From Trafficked to Triumphant
- Download Rebecca’s free ebook to learn more facts about sex trafficking or grab her free Find Your Lane course and identify your place in the anti trafficking movement.
Click to Tweet
- Learn to live above shame, while leaning in to the very places you feel it. ~ Chrystal Hurst
- A part of healing from trauma is reckoning with shame, the role that it plays, and your willingness to be who you are and admit who you were. ~ Chrystal Hurst
- Growth happens when we can really be self-aware. ~ Rebecca Bender
- When you become friends with God, you talk to God like He’s your friend. ~ Rebecca Bender
- You don’t live through what I have and not believe. ~ Rebecca Bender
Other Stuff to Check Out
Did you catch my last episode with Shundria Riddick? Listen here.
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- What areas of your life make you feel trapped?
- What have you inherited? Take some time to consider your spiritual bloodline.
- What needs to happen in order for you to move forward in your own healing?
- What are the three things in your character that you want to work on?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!