This is the last episode of the three podcast series on legacy. I’ve enjoyed recording these for you — and for me. I hope they’ve been helpful for you and encouraged you to think about how you can live with legacy in mind.
Oxford dictionary defines focus as “the center of interest.”
At age 15 my mom made a commitment to the Lord – to give her life to serving Him, regardless of what that meant. I’m sure she could have not imagined the many opportunities or people God would place in front of her. She simply decided to focus.
She raised four children. She structured and managed a ministry. She acted as the visionary and leader for conference for pastors’ wives.
Think about your life: Where do you want to focus your energy and time? How do you desire to flourish and grow? What will it look like for you to finish well?
While what we focus on may change based on the season we’re in, at the end of our lives, we want to be able to convincingly say what my mom was able to say, “what a beautiful life.”
Are you living out your beautiful life? Don’t dwell on what isn’t well or what isn’t right. Focus on the life you want to live, even if you are still working towards a life you love.
As you listen to this episode, I want you to think about what you’ll be focusing on this year. There will be times where you have to break out of a rut and start over, but you can finish what you start. You can live a life you love.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Living with focus
- Choosing to flourish and grow
- Finishing what you start
Resources from today’s show
- Listen to the full version of each podcast shared in this episode: Episode 9, Episode 24, Episode 49
Click to Tweet
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Are you registered for Thursday’s live Coffee with Chrystal? Register here.
- Did you catch my last episode, Living for Legacy Part 2? Click here to listen.
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Did you know that my dad, Dr. Tony Evans, has a Bible Commentary available? Click here to check it out! If you want to know more about my dad’s ministry and the multitude of resources he has available to help you in your walk with God, go to Tony Evans.org
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There,
- 28 Days of Prayer, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying special benefits? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What thoughts in your mind are getting in the way of you living for legacy? How can you take those thoughts captive?
- What can you do this week to cultivate your talents?
- How do you want to leave your mark in 2020?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!