What does the future version of you need from you? Often the things we don’t want to do are the things we need to do. We spend so much time battling against our feelings but, as most of us know, the life that we want to live should not be driven by the way that we feel but by the life that we want to live. What kind of life do you want to live?
When we want to pursue healing and being the most whole Christ-followers we can be, we often have to do the hard things that lead us towards the life that we want. We have to learn to put aside the feelings we have at the moment. We don’t have to follow how we feel, we can choose to move toward the goal- the final product, the end result. Healing from past hurt is like that – a choice to move past what we feel – one step at a time.
Today, Mary DeMuth and I talk about
- How fully grieving can lead us toward healing
- Practical ways to process grief and pain
- What Jesus had to say to a woman who had been exploited
- How we can learn to sit alongside someone who is in the process of healing
If you need healing or a change in your life, choose to act on “the glad you did it later” feeling today. The woman you want to be tomorrow will be glad that you chose to show up today.
Do you want to be healed? Sometimes that means you have to show up and deal with the pain. The future you would love to be healed, helped and hope-filled. It may be hard but that’s okay because it’s your doorway to living a life you love.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Deciding with tomorrow in mind
- Healthy experiences with grief
- The church, grief, and abuse
- Jesus response to abuse victims
- Journaling through hard times
- Serving the brokenhearted
Click to Tweet
- “The life that we live should not be driven by how you feel, it should be driven by what you want and what you’re working for”- Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “If you’ve been wounded or harmed in community, the way back is through the community. You can never heal in isolation.”- Mary DeMuth
- “The thing that wounds you is the things that heal you” -Mary DeMuth
Resources From Today’s Show
- Connect with Mary on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or on her website
- Listen to my previous chat with Mary.
- Get 21 Days to healing by Mary DeMuth
- Listen to Mary’s podcast
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? Click here to grab it!
- Did you know that my dad, Dr. Tony Evans, has a Bible Commentary available? Click here to check it out! If you want to know more about my dad’s ministry and the multitude of resources he has available to help you in your walk with God, go to Tony Evans.org
- If you missed Episode #235 with Kennesha Poe-Buycks, Click here to listen!
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
- My book, 28 Days of Prayer is on sale! Grab a copy and take some time to intentionally invest in your communication with God. Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Get a chance to read my post about Cultivating Rhythms with God?
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying special benefits? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What decision could you make today, that your future self would thank you for?
- In what ways does your church offer safety and foster healing? How can you be a support in that area?
- Do you enter into grief easily or is it something you struggle with? What makes is easy or challenging?
- How did Jesus respond to victims of exploitation? What does His example teach you?
- What are 3 practical ways you can reach out to someone who is suffering?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!