Today, Kennesha Buycks, creative home designer and author of Restoration House, joins me to talk about her story. Kennesha is a woman whose life has been laced with the restorative pursuit of God. The realization of her identity in Christ has touched every part of her life. Through the demonstrative love of several people, God has revealed to Kennesha the essence of her truest self. “The more I see Him, the more I see me,” she states with conviction. This realization has positioned her to fight comparison, set boundaries, and hear the voice of God for herself.
Journey with us to the home of Kennesha’s heart, and hopefully, you’ll settle in and feel your own sense of homecoming. Restoring homes is more than an outward expression of creativity for Kennesha. To her, it directly relates to how Christ restores us as His children. He sets us right, reveals who we truly are, and always directs us to our truest home.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Battling comparison
- Setting boundaries
- Hearing God speak
- Finding Identity
- How to ‘start’
Click to Tweet
- “Our lives cannot be contained by four-sided squares.” – Kennesha Poe-Buycks
- “I know what I need, and I can’t surround myself with people who are only draining but never giving.”- Kennesha Poe-Buycks
- “He’s looking for people who say ‘yes.’” – Chrystal Hurst
- “You get better at hearing the voice of God when you respond.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “The more I see Him, the more I see me.” – Kennesha Poe-Buycks
- “There’s something that He’s doing in your life that represents His unwavering, unfailing love for you.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Go in the direction of what your heart needs.” – Kennesha Poe-Buycks
Resources From Today’s Show
- Connect with Kennesha on Instagram, Facebook, or on her website.
- Check out Kennesha’s book Restoration House
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? Click here to grab it!
- Did you know that my dad, Dr. Tony Evans, has a Bible Commentary available? Click here to check it out! If you want to know more about my dad’s ministry and the multitude of resources he has available to help you in your walk with God, go to Tony Evans.org
- If you missed Episode #235 with Susie Larson, Click here to listen!
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on the The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
- My book, 28 Days of Prayer is on sale! Grab a copy and take some time to intentionally invest in your communication with God. Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Get a chance to read my post about Cultivating Rhythms with God?
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying special benefits? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- In what ways have you felt the theme of God’s pursuit in your life? How has this realization shaped your identity?
- Do you constantly compare yourself to others, and if so why? How can you combat this bad habit?
- Are you going in the direction of what your heart needs? If not, why haven’t you been paying attention to what your heart needs?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!