How did I get here? This is a question we all have or will ask ourselves. In honor of the two year birthday of She’s Still There, I sat down and had a short conversation with my Sister Circle – my mom, sister, and oldest daughter. Each of them shared a bit about their more recent She’s Still There moment.
No matter how grand life is, She’s Still There moments still come. And often, they come simply because becoming awake to the moment isn’t enough. After you’ve become awake to the fact that you’ve gotten off track, you still have to figure out what you need to do to get back to where you want to be. You have to ask yourself, what does the girl in you need now?
The next step may look different for each of us, but what we all must do is adjust to the lesson that God wants us to learn in this season. Life will change, but we cannot allow the change to keep us from moving forward. If we choose to show up for our lives, even in the midst of She’s Still There moments, the change will give us wisdom and strength to grow.
Where you are today is not where you have to be forever. If you are currently in the midst of a She’s Still There moment, you may not want to embrace where you are, but it is so incredibly important for you to embrace who you are. You get to choose. While you can’t control everything in your life, you can do at least one thing: every day you can choose to honor you.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Living in a new norm
- Getting back on track
- Managing your health and sanity
- Releasing your children as they grow
Click to Tweet
- It takes bravery to walk in the change of your new season. – Priscilla Shirer
- It’s okay to reevaluate and reaffirm the things that are important to you in this season. – Priscilla Shirer
- Where you are today is not a surprise to God. – Dr. Lois Evans
- Make the change. Getting back to where you want to be is a journey. – Kariss Farris
- Even in the midst of your She’s Still There moment, thank God for the opportunity to grow. – Chrystal Hurst
Resources From Today’s Show
- James 1:3 Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]
- Grab a copy of She’s Still There
- Looking for a resource for a young woman in your life? Consider, Show up for Your Life, the teen version of She’s Still There
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- If you missed Episode 226 for my cousin, Wynter Pitts? Click here to listen!
- Get a chance to read my post about My Summer Hair Situation?
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What lesson is God wanting to teach you in your She’s Still There moment? How are you responding?
- What has your She’s Still There moments taught you? What wisdom do you now have to share?
- Who in your life needs a reminder that she is still there? Call her up or send her a quick text. And share this episode with her!
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!