The holiday season is upon us! I can feel the shift; the weather is changing, the smell of fresh pine and peppermint is on the rise and ya’ll, I have already seen Christmas trees. Fully decorated Christmas trees! I’m not there yet. I’m not a grinch. I love this season – I love making special memories and celebrating with family and friends. But Mrs. Claus (link to last podcast), I am not. A holiday survival guide may be in order…
Let’s be honest, we’ve all had years when we were just hoping to survive the holidays, and this is true whether you are married, single, preparing for your family, or getting geared up for friends.
And ya’ll know how I like to cut up with friends!
We talk openly and honestly about being a single woman during the holidays and everything is on the table for this holiday discussion – feeling dismissed, holiday plans, family expectations, gifts, and the importance of valuing yourself during the season.
Single or not, are you valuing yourself, as well as others, during the holiday season? Are YOU celebrating the holidays well? It’s time to do more than survive the holidays. It’s time to live fully and do what you are designed to do – THRIVE.
I hope this episode encourages you to pick up something you’ve been putting off, follow through on ideas that have been laying dormant, and pass through the upcoming season with no regrets. Single or married, survive my friend! Make meaningful memories. Start a new tradition. Bless others with who you are.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Celebrate the holidays as a single
- Create meaningful holiday memories
- Cultivate community as an introvert
Resources From Today’s Show
- Create Magnets on Shutterfly
- Grab a Forever Onesie from Amazon
- Read Matthew 22:14
==> Click to Tweet
- What makes your life sweet is the memories your create. – Chrystal
- Carve out times during the holiday to do things you love. – Chrystal
- Single busy, is still busy. – Tresa
- It does not serve you to stop doing what you are designed to do to avoid disappointment.
==> General Links
- If you haven’t already grabbed your free download, you can do so by clicking here!
- Did you miss my episode with my mom on Thriving During the Holidays? Make sure you listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What do you love most about the holidays?
- Do you celebrate the holidays well?
- What new holiday traditions can you start this year?
- How can you be intentional and make holiday memories that value the girl in you?
- What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!