It’s officially November, which means the holiday season is upon us! It’s a joyous time for a lot of us as we gather to celebrate with family and friends. However, if you’re anything like me, this season can also become a little stressful… There are so many things to do added onto the normal everyday pressures of life! Buying gifts, planning meals, buying food, decorating the house — it can become a little overwhelming!
Well, no need to fret because my beautiful mom, Dr. Lois Evans, a.k.a. Mrs. Claus, is coming to the rescue! My mom has the holiday season mastered! From our family traditions to decorations, and from the delicious food to making space for fun, this interview it packed with practical tips on how to thrive during your holiday season, prioritize your Christmas planning, and remember loved ones you might be missing this season.
I’m telling ya’ll, my mom really does know a thing or two about keeping your head above water during the holidays.
If you know you struggle during the holidays to get all the gifts the kids want, all the decorations up, and prepare all of the food, then this conversation with my mom will definitely free you up and teach you how to enjoy the holidays as an “overflow of you.”
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Thriving during the holidays
- Prioritizing holiday planning
- Evans’ family traditions
- Remembering your lost loved ones
Resources From Today’s Show
- Find my mom online on her website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Want to hear more from my mom? Listen to our conversion from Episode #037!
- Looking for recipes? Try my mom’s Macaroni and Cheese, Pumpkin Bread, Holiday Crescent Rolls or Spice Tea! You won’t be disappointed.
- You can also watch her YouTube video “Thriving in Every Season – Holiday Edition“.
==> Click to Tweet
- “Create space to celebrate the people in your life.” – Lois Evans
- “Don’t skip the needs you hear of. If the Lord pricks your heart, that’s the need you meet.” – Lois Evans
- “Your Christmas decorations, food, and traditions can be different than those of your family and friends. What will make memories is what is done as an overflow of you.” – Chrystal
==> General Links
- If you haven’t already grabbed your free download, you can do so by clicking here!
- Did you miss my episode with Brittany Null? Make sure you listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Does planning for the holiday season overwhelm you?
- In what ways can you plan now for Thanksgiving/Christmas to prevent being overwhelmed?
- What are some of your family’s traditions?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!