Have you ever stopped to wonder why you feel the things that you do? Feelings. Feelings. Feelings. For some us that is the ultimate bad word. We simply don’t want to feel. Others are stuck in their feelings, struggling to function well every day. Whether you consider yourself an emotional person or not, feelings are important. What do we need to understand about our emotions in order to be healthy? What lies do we believe about our emotions that keep us stuck?
Our emotions play a huge role in our lives — maybe even more than we give them credit for. Licensed Professional Counselor and friend to the podcast, Shundria Riddick, shares how emotions can lead us in many directions and how we can take back the director’s chair. Unbridled emotions can help or harm us but the good news is we each have the power to understand the truth about our feelings and how they guide us without governing our behavior. This joyful, in-depth and transparent episode provides insight and practical knowledge in understanding our feelings.
Why we feel certain emotions and how we expect others to address our feelings has the potential to be a complicated process, but it does not have to be an impossible one. Shundria provides us with an easy-going, counselor-friend view of having better control of our emotional self. During this conversation, she covers why we feel what we feel and offers tips towards emotional well being.
Listen to this episode and learn more about Shundria in the resource links below!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Taking control of your emotions
- Understanding why your feelings happen
- Creating emotional well being
- How to have healthy emotions as a single or married woman
- Stop and look at the patterns of your life. – Shundria Riddick
- I’m not responsible for making others happy. I’m responsible for being present when they’re there. – Shundria Riddick
- You teach people how to treat you. – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- If you teach people you don’t want their help, when you need help, they won’t offer it. – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- Emotions should guide you but they shouldn’t govern you. – Chrystal Evans Hurst
Resources From Today’s Show
- Listen to my other podcast chat with Shundria
- Find Shundria on Facebook, Twitter , LinkedIn and on her website.
- Purchase Married for Five Minutes by Shundria Riddick!
==> General Links
- Did you miss my episodes, Lies about Comparison with Nicki Koziarz?! Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed and stressed by your emotions? What tends to precede these times?
- Have you attempted to control someone else’s (friend, spouse, family member) emotions? How did that process end for you?
- Has someone else (friend, spouse, family member) ever attempted to control you with their emotions? How did that process end for you?
- Do you have a safe place (person) to express your honest emotions? Are you this space for others?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!