What do you when you have had cancer not once, not twice, but three times? What do you choose to believe about God? What do you choose to believe about yourself when you are dealing with a disability or physical challenge of some kind?
This honest conversation offers authentic answers to these questions as Michele Cushatt shares what she’s learned from the challenging road she’s traveled. Michele and I have talked before about what it meant to go through the difficult times. Today we talk about what it has meant for her to move forward in a life that has changed because of the hardship she has faced in her life. We have an honest discussion about what it means, even now, to honor the girl in her.
What does it mean to “come back to life” after tragedy, loss, difficulty, or pain? How do you take care of you without feeling guilty? How do you embrace both the grief and the joy that are apart of your experience without becoming bitter or being numb?
This podcast is packed full of wisdom from a woman who has been through so much and yet still believes that God has her right in the palm of His hand. The wonderful thing is that we are all in the palm of His hand and can learn to rest and trust in Him even in the darkest of days.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- How to make room for both grief and joy
- What meditation is and why you shouldn’t be afraid to dry it
- How to take care of you without feeling selfish
- Practical ways to be a good steward of your body.
==> Click to Tweet
- Our scars make us. They build us. They give us our testimony. – Chrystal Hurst
- There is worship in grief as well as in gladness. – Michele Cushatt
- Without both grief and joy, we will not live fully aware and alive. – Michele Cushatt
- God is real. He is good, he can be trusted. – Michele Cushatt
- Create safe spaces for honest conversations. – Michele Cushatt
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Pre-Order She’s Still There now! Goodies disappear on August 7th!
- Connect with Michele Cushatt on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Listen to my first podcast episode with Michele Cushatt!
- Buy Michelle’s Book! – I Am: A 60-Day Journey to Knowing Who You Are Because of Who He Is
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss last week’s podcast with Tammy Franklin? Check it out here!
Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How have you changed as a result of someone else’s struggle?
- Who are you now? How are you different than you were a year ago? Five years ago?
- How do you create healthy boundaries for yourself?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!