What do you when are nearing an empty nest and you realize you may have lost touch with the girl in you? What do you do when your husband tells you he’s struggling with pornography? What do you do when it takes more than a positive personality to move forward?
We dig into these topics and so much more today with my friend, Tammy Franklin. Tammy and I have known each other for years. In fact her husband, gospel music legend Kirk Franklin, introduced me to my husband Jessie.
Listen in to hear how the same God who helped Tammy successfully journey through a difficult season in her marriage, is now helping her to navigate through the challenges of her current season – preparing to be an empty nester. You will be encouraged as you hear what it means for Tammy to answer the question she finds herself asking in this season of her life… “who am I now?”
Truth be told, we all ask that questions at least once or twice in our lives. The good news, while the journey is not always comfortable in getting to the answer, ultimately the journey is good.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Benefits and challenges of being optimistic
- Preparing for an empty nest
- Gaining a new perspective
- Surviving marital challenges
==> Click to Tweet
- I had to ask God to help me marinate in the difficult moments and not want to hurry through them. – Tammy Franklin
- You are okay, even if you are still trying to figure out who you are. – Chrystal Hurst
- Take time to away to refuel yourself. Then you will be equipped to pour into others. – Tammy Franklin
- Feed yourself the right thoughts and discard any thought that doesn’t nourish you. -Chrystal Hurst
- Don’t adopt other people’s issues as your own. – Tammy Franklin
- Healthy boundaries help us leave space in our lives for God to use us. – Chrystal Hurst
- Be our own coach! Look yourself in the mirror and verbalize what you know is true. – Chrystal Hurst
==> Resources from Today’s Show
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss last week’s podcast with Kay Warren? Check it out here!
Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How have you changed as a result of someone else’s struggle?
- Who are you now? How are you different than you were a year ago? Five years ago?
- How do you create healthy boundaries for yourself?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!