It’s “Mom Week”.
This is podcast 3 of 3 with moms in different seasons.
On today’s podcast, I’m chatting with author, homeschooler and lover of naps, Tricia Goyer. Tricia has 10 children, 3 biological and 7 adopted. But 10 children hasn’t stopped her from authoring over 60 books.
Tricia admits that being an author and a homeschooling mom has required that she and her family say no to a lot. But having grown children, she is able to see how saying no and having a clear focus has benefited her family.
Being an author of over 60 books, it would seem that discipline came naturally and motivation was always present. But Tricia shares that hasn’t always been the case and and even now she has to force herself to do what she needs to do when the motivation isn’t there.
Tricia has a lot on her plate. But in talking with her, I am convinced that she has exactly what should be on her plate, and nothing more. If you’re looking for balance or focus within your life and home, this podcast is for you.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Managing the life that God has given you to live
- Growing into be a disciplined person
- Teaching your kids to love learning
==> Click to Tweet
- Sit down and start the work. The motivation will come. – Tricia Goyer
- Your children do what they see you doing. – Tricia Goyer
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Connect with Tricia on her blog, Facebook or Pinterest
- Balance: Finding Center as a Work-at-Home Mom
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss part 2 of Mom Week? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you struggle with discipline? What tips do you have for staying focused?
- What could you do more of if you said no to some of the unnecessary things you’ve committed to?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!