And oh so sore…
Yesterday, I ran my furthest distance yet.
Jesus is a way maker, let me tell ya.
But 18 is not 26 and 26 miles is what I’ll be running come December 14th.
Honestly, I’m starting to get concerned about that wall. The wall that many runners say they experience somewhere in the last quarter of their race.
I wonder if I will hit it.
I wonder what I will do to push past it.
In life we hit walls sometimes too.
What do you do when you think you’ve done enough to prepare, but still hit a wall?
Do you push through? Or do you give up and stop moving forward?
Sometimes pushing through means holding on and sticking with it. But I’ve learned that sometimes “pushing through” means that there may come a time when you have to let it go – especially when you are dealing with something that is beyond your control,
Have you given up too soon?
Or maybe you haven’t given it up soon enough?
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Your faith is not for the expansion of your fan base. It’s to increase your desire to follow the Father.
- Be the widow and let it go, but also be the intercessor and take it when you need to.
- Every time you push past the wall, you become stronger in your faith.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Read the passage – I Kings 17:17-24
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Click HERE to listen.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- Are you facing “the wall”? How so?
- Is there an area of your life in which you need to relinquish control?
- Is there someone that could use your help in getting over their wall? What will you do to help?
Oh yes! And we can’t forget!…
Here is this weeks’s #MilesforMercy report.
Also, don’t forget out the #MilesforMercy challenge on Instagram!
If you haven’t joined yet, you are not too late to jump in. You can read all about it by CLICKING HERE! We’ve got two more weeks in the month of October to get miles run, biked, stair-mastered, etc! Log your miles and share them on Instagram using #MilesforMercy as a hashtag. Your hashtag will help spread awareness! If you choose, you can, like me, donate to Mercy House Kenya based on the distance you are moving. Either way, your participation helps a lot!
Here are the wonderful prizes for our challenge. Thanks to Kristen Welch for sending over some things for our giveaway.
Here are our winners so far for the first half of the month!
This scenario is to die for! Love that Natalie is getting out there in the beauty of the changing seasons.
Love how Terri is doing what works for her! Biking gets miles covered too!
Miles are miles… even if they are miles covered v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y 🙂 Thanks Rachel!
“Runningmomof5melody” has consistently been running and posting those runs on IG. Love this shot!
If you haven’t read about The Mercy Marathon, please do.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!