I hate clothes.
Yup. It’s true.
If I didn’t have to wear them, I wouldn’t wear them at all.
As far as I’m concerned, clothes are a hassle and thinking about getting dressed stresses me out.
But it’s “Funday” Monday!
The point of today’s podcast is for me to chat about whatever I want to.
And today… I want to talk about F-A-S-H-I-O-N and why what you wear matters.
Why in the world would I be doing a podcast about fashion?
‘Cuz I need help that’s why.
So enlist help I did.
I’m so excited to be doing my first podcast interview!!!
(Yes this is my first podcast interview so please pardon the technical glitches!)
And who is my distinguished first guest?
She is a fashionista for REAL ya’ll!
I’m grateful to have a sister in my life who not only takes pride in her appearance but who enjoys helping me work on my own.
If you ever see me looking dressed and wonderfully put together… it’s probably because she styled me.
And I’m grateful.
Priscilla has fantastic and practical tips for all of us – whether you love shopping or want to R-U-N in the opposite direction of the local mall. Can’t wait for you to listen in as we banter about the wonders and woes of what we wear.
In today’s podcast we will explore why your thoughts about your appearance are important – whether you like to shop or not. Did you know that your appearance could affect your ability to share your life with others? Did you know that it’s perfectly O.K. for you to be a fashion flub? Were you aware that little money doesn’t leave you without options?
Practical sister. Today is sooooo practical.
And it all starts with how you think about it.
Believe that you are worth a little time, energy, and money. Understand that it is a good thing to present the best version of yourself when you can. Grasp that putting forth effort on your own behalf is O.K.
Change the way you think. Then you can change the way you live your life!
It starts in your mind people!
This is true in the area of what we wear too.
Whether you like “fashion” or not.
Hey… let me tell ya. I’m not a shopaholic, diva, or fashion forward thinker… but I had a great time chatting about this topic. And if I enjoyed talking about clothes for more than a few minutes, then you know it was a conversation worth having! Enjoy!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“Why What You Wear Matters'”
- Don’t let what you wear (or don’t wear) be a barrier.
- Make the effort to present the best version of yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- It’s O.K. to invest in yourself.
==> Links for Today’s Show
(Book links belw are Amazon affiliates links. Any purchases you make from those links will help support the cost of running this site! Thanks for your support.)
- Going Beyond – Priscilla Shirer’s ministry website.
- God is Able – Recommended reading from Priscilla Shirer
- Follow Priscilla on Twitter, Instagram, or check out her style board on Pinterest
- 10 Staples for Every Woman’s Wardrobe or Wardrobe Basics both via Real Simple.com
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- Do you enjoy shopping, fashion, or making new outfits from what you already own? If no, why not?
- What practical tips work for you in your shopping experiences?
- Have you been successful in investing in yourself in this area of your life?
- Do you agree with much of what was said in this podcast? If not, where do you disagree?
- What is one thing you will do based on what you heard today?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!