Well… maybe it’s not that simple.
How exactly do you change your thoughts?
For the next few weeks I will be tackling this idea through the lens of faith, family, food/fitness, and fun.
The truth of the matter is that in any area of your life, your mind makes all the difference.
So how exactly do you change your mind?
Better yet, how do you renew your mind?
Well… I’m glad you asked! That is what today’s podcast is all about!
In the context of a life of faith, mental renewal is accomplished by taking the brain you have and making it better.
And the idea is that the God who made you knows a little bit more about how you should think than you think you do.
Clear as mud?
So how do you allow God to do that?
You spend time with Him!
Every now and then I share few of the notes from my morning meeting with Jesus.
Inevitably, people will ask me how to have a quiet time.
Some may call it having devotions, studying the Scriptures, or spending time in God’s presence. It’s all the same thing.
Unfortunately, some are intimidated by the idea of reading and studying God’s Word. Many others are not confident in their ability to spend time alone with God and experience Him speaking into their life circumstances.
The wonderful thing is that the God of the universe wants to be known! Most of the time though, He is waiting on us to get around to prioritize getting to know Him!
I hope that today’s podcast helps you in practical ways to embrace the journey toward renewing your mind.
Change your thoughts and you can change your life.
After you listen in, be sure and let me know your thoughts. I can’t wait to chat more with you about where you experience success or struggle as you seek to know God more and allow Him to work in your heart, mind, and life.
And call me passionate…
Once again, I talked a little longer than planned. I will post Part 2 on Wednesday.
Grab your headphones and click “play” at the top of this post to join me for a chat. You can also listen and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher from your computer or smart phone as well!
If you have no idea how to listen to a podcast – scroll down to the end of this post and I’ll tell you everything you need to know!
Keep reading if you want to take a peek at the show notes!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“How to Renew Your Mind (Part 1) “
- READ. Want to know what God thinks? Take time to read the letter He wrote you.
- REMEMBER. Make time to memorize God’s Word.
- REFLECT. Allow God to speak to you and record your thoughts, prayers, experiences.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Need ideas for reading God’s Word? Here are the links I mentioned in the podcast: BibleGateway.com, YouVersion, Psalms/Proverbs in 31 days, Proverbs31.org, and Jesus Calling.
- Looking for ideas for scriptures to memorize? Check out this list or this list.
- Want a system for how to learn new verses but not forgot the old? Simple Charlotte Mason has a great tutorial HERE.
- Looking for a wonderful scripture memory program for your children? We love AWANA. Find a club near you by clicking HERE.
- Still need more on renewing your mind? Here is list of encouraging scriptures to learn and more practical tips for memorizing God’s Word.
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- What is the state of your current “quiet time” with God? What would make it better?
- What tips or tricks have you found that help you to memorize scripture?
- Where do you need the biggest adjustment in your thought life
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!