Do you ever feel as if you are trying to cram every piece of advice and wisdom into your children while they’re still at home with you, and at the same time, trying to protect them from everything that comes their way? Are you struggling to nurture your own gifts and talents while making sure you are present in the lives of your children? Well, in this podcast, Rachel Anne Ridge discusses all of these concepts as she takes us on a mother’s journey toward the empty nest. This season is dreaded by some and anticipated by others, but for each and every mom, this season will come one day..
My good friend Rachel is a talented writer, artist, mom to three, and Nana to four. She speaks with grace and gentle wisdom. You will love her as she has the humor of a woman who has walked a beautiful journey with the Lord through life and motherhood. In this episode, Rachel discusses how she’s navigated the process of letting go as her children have grown up and left the nest. She shares how her eyes have been opened to her future as a mother of grown children. She’s realized this truth… “I’m still their mom and I can still make memories…”
Hindsight is often 20/20, but Rachel shares wisdom that will give mothers today a sneak peak into that rear view mirror. Rachel will take you on a journey of grief, joy, sadness, identity, and may even surprise you by opening your eyes to the beauty of lightening up, letting go, and enjoying every stage of the journey.
Check out this episode, and Rachel‘s blog homesanctuary.com, as well as her quirky book Flash the Donkey. You won’t be disappointed!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- How to relax and lighten up as a mom
- Thriving in the empty nest
- Mothering grown children
- Nurturing your own gifts
- Lighten up. Don’t work as if everything depends on you to make their lives perfect. – Rachel Anne Ridge
- God is at work in the lives of our children. We have to trust that God can do in their lives what we can’t. – Rachel Anne Ridge
- You’re not done parenting when they graduate. There’s still a whole lifetime relationship that you can cultivate. – Rachel Anne Ridge
Resources From Today’s Show
- Follow Rachel on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on her blog.
- Take a look at Rachel’s book, Flash the Donkey
==> General Links
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? It’s available for the month of May here.
- Did catch my chat with Ginger Hubbard on Keys to Raising Your Children? Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you ever find yourself stressed out as a mom? What are some of your greatest fears?
- Do you see God writing a story for your children through their hard experiences? What is your prayer for them?
- How can you begin to respect and encourage your children on their journey instead of trying to control it?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!