Do you struggle with fear, letting your thoughts get away from you, or not taking advantage of His power? Do you feel like you give up too easily and that there may be more to the Christian walk than you’ve tapped into? Do you ever feel like you are trying so hard to do the right thing but when hard seasons hit, you get knocked off your feet more often than not? If you answered yes to any of these questions, know you are not alone.
In this podcast, Lisa Whittle and I talk about how to remain spiritually strong and tap into the resources we have in Christ all of the time, even during difficult circumstances. We talk about what it means to rise to your spiritual potential instead of living below it, what it means to admit when you are not strong, and what it means to be “Jesus Strong” instead. The good news? You don’t have to start brave to be strong and stay that way. In her book, Put Your Warrior Boots On, Lisa issues a rally cry to her Christian brothers and sisters to say simply “live better.”
This chat is about not settling for a panicked life and being prepared for a “Jesus Strong” life. While we know that our best life is to come, the Bible tells us the way we can live well now! We don’t have to accept an anxious, fearful way of living. We can prepare for hard times by fortifying our minds. Lisa Whittle shares truths on today’s podcast that will lead you to access the power of Christ and what He’s already given you to move forward in His strength.
Listen to this episode and pick up a copy of Lisa’s book, Put Your Warrior Boots On. And if you’ve never listened to Lisa’s podcast, 5 Word Prayers Daily, be sure and check that out too. Link is below under resources!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Preparation for hard days and seasons
- What it means to be “Jesus Strong”
- Tips on prayer
- Strengthening your thought life
- “Preparation is not the calculation of man – it’s the genius of God.” – Lisa Whittle
- “In the spiritual realm, eyesight is not required to know how well we are doing, belief is.” – Lisa Whittle
- “While there are things I can’t change, I can choose how I frame them, which can change what I see.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Instead of focusing on what is wrong in your life, choose to look for the ways God is present and at work.” – Chrystal Hurst
Resources From Today’s Show
- Purchase Put Your Warrior Boots On: Walking Jesus Strong, Once and For All
- Purchase 5 Word Prayers: Where to Start When You Don’t Know What to Say to God
- Find Lisa on her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- 5 Word Prayers Daily Podcast
==> General Links
- Did you miss my chat with Shundria about the Lies we Believe about Emotions? Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you know how to support your faith so that your devotion does not fizzle out?
- Do you let fear get in the way of faithfulness and follow through?
- Do you let pride interfere with your passion for defending your faith?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!