“Who defines our success?” Is it God or is it man? Social media offers us the shame “full” opportunity to compare our lives to others and wonder, “Did God really say I am fearfully and wonderfully and beautifully made?” Our culture provides minute-by-minute snapshots of the “best” of everyone around us — her blemish free faces, her super-trendy style, her clean and organized home, her five honor-roll AND star-athlete kids who all love Jesus and are making right choices.
This is called comparison.
Proverbs 31 author and speaker, Nicki Koziarz, gives listeners a chance to define their “comparison zone,” and discover the heart of the question in her new book, Why Her? She offers the paradox that comparison is a God-struggle, yet gives God-truths to realign our hearts and affirm our worth in Christ. While Nicki and I explore the journey to satisfaction and contentment in becoming who God created us to be in this world, Nicki also tackles the story of Rachel and Leah and shares, with honesty and revelation, how she’s personally faced the battle of comparison herself.
If you find yourself looking at her and wondering why you don’t…., can’t…, aren’t… like her, join me in this podcast and let’s reign in that comparison-struggle together.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
• Comparison isn’t a struggle that goes away
• Moms and the comparison battle
• What our culture says about success
• “This Time” affirmations
• How do you know when your soul is not well?
- “I don’t have to believe that because you have a piece of the pie, there’s less for me.”
- “Find something that makes you happy.”
- “Comparison is the thief of joy.”
- “Her gain is not your loss.”
Resources From Today’s Show
==> General Links
- Did you miss my episodes about Lessons Learned from my time in the hospital? Be sure and listen to Part 1 and Part 2!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
1. Why don’t we deal with the sin of comparison?
2. What is the truth we do not believe when battling comparison?
3. How do you take care of your soul to where you’re “good,” even if there are things that you would like to see change or shift in your life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!