How does faith make a difference in the middle of our “real and everyday”? We live in a world where people, with or without Christ, are able to achieve what many perceive to be success — success in their careers, in their finances, and in having healthy fit bodies. So then, how does the power of Jesus Christ make a difference in the way Christians experience lasting change in their mind and in their bodies?
Alisa Keeton and I continue our conversation and get super practical about the key to activating the power of God in your life, jumpstarting weight loss, and memorizing Scripture. How we live our lives is ultimately an expression of our obedience to God and what we choose to do based on what we know is how we continue to grow the power that is at work in our lives.
Many people entered this new year excited and hopeful that things will be different, but there are just as many people who entered the year afraid that nothing at all would change. The 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self – discipline.” What this tells us we don’t have to allow fear, hesitation, and second-guessing to be our story. We can have the power of God at work in our lives, the love for Him, ourselves, and others, and the self-discipline to pull off the hard stuff we face. We simply have to believe that what He says is true. This starts with changing your mind and revamping the way you think about the life you have to live.
If you want to see change in your life, mind or body, all change begins in your mind. Today’s podcast offers you some specific tips for jumpstarting the process of change in you. You can be spiritually disciplined. You can have lasting physical change. You can love the skin you are in and you can experience the power of God at work in you and know the difference that power can make.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Tips for jumpstarting your weight loss
- Tips for memorizing Scripture
- How to be okay with the skin you’re in
Resources From Today’s Show
- Be sure and subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss the fun that’s coming!
- Order The Wellness Revelation by Alisa Keeton
- Check out the Revelation Wellness 7 Day Detox
- Find Alisa and Revelation Wellness on the website, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
==> Click to Tweet
- Lasting change in your life begins with a change in your mind. – Chrystal Hurst
- You will have the power that you seek when you activate what you know. – Alisa Keeton
- You can’t give God your heart and keep your body for yourself – Elisabeth Elliott
==> General Links
- Did you miss my last podcast with Alisa Keeton? Click here to listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What works for you in your effort to maintain your weight?
- What practical changes have you made that have helped you to lose weight?
- What do you do to memorize Scripture and hide God’s Word in your heart?
- How do you practically renew your mind?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!