It’s a new year, and we’d all like to think that we will do things better this year and live our lives to the full — just like we did last year or despite how we did last year. As we jump into a new year, I’d love to offer you some practical encouragement for how you can accomplish living with intention and thoughtful purpose. It’s possible, you know.
We are tempted to think that things will be different if we find the secret. We look for the right planner. The right method. The right goal setting system. But guess what is the only consistent thing in your life from year to year?
You follow you everywhere and this year is no different. So it stands to reason that if you want to see change in your life, that change must start with you! On today’s podcast, I talk about what it means to focus on making real changes and the simple yet profound tools you can use to ensure that you happen to your year instead of your year happening to you.
Listen, I’m not knocking planners, I have already bought my new pens and I’m geeking out on a planner with a new layout. But what I’ve learned is this: the only magic that happens at the beginning of the year is whatever we choose to do — not plan — but actually do differently than we’ve done before.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- How to live with focus
- Why multitasking on your goals doesn’t work
- Why “no” is a good word
- The key to exercising consistent discipline
- The three questions you can ask to get clarity on where to focus your energy and effort
Resources From Today’s Show:
==> Click to Tweet
- When it comes to your heart, mind, soul, and body, be a ruthless gatekeeper. – Chrystal Hurst
- Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do. – The Great Debaters
- Discipline is what you do whether or not you feel like doing it. – Chrystal Hurst
==> General Links
- Did you miss my last bonus episode with Meredith Andrews? Click here to listen!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Have you read my books? Check out She’s Still There or Kingdom Woman.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Who do you want to be?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What legacy do you want to leave?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes, or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, would you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog. I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast![/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]