What do you do when the vision you had for your life does not match your reality? How do you embrace and navigate the seemingly mundane routines of the hidden years? Is there a difference between selfishness and self-care? How do you discover the root cause of your fears and replace them with God’s truth?
We dig into these topics and so much more today with Ruth Simons. Ruth is an immensely creative, Jesus-focused, gospel-centered artist, writer, and speaker. Her desire is to be a modern day John the Baptist and use her gifts, talents, and abilities to point the masses to Jesus Christ. You’ve probably seen her work on her beautifully inspiring Instagram account, @Gracelaced.
Listen in to hear how Ruth, a self-proclaimed girly girl, learned to embrace her life as a mom of six boys. You’ll also hear how she found moments to nurture her soul and cultivate her gifts in the midst of a chaotic season in her life. Ruth even shares how cultural expectations developed a fear of failure in her heart that she had to learn overcome.
Above all, you’ll hear Ruth’s heart to use every moment of her day as an opportunity to worship God.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Embracing the life God has designed for you
- Navigating the hidden years and enjoying guilt-free self care
- Overcoming the pressures of cultural expectations
- Maximizing opportunities with intentionality to spread the gospel
Resources From Today’s Show
- Take a look at Ruth’s book: Gracelaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart
- Find Ruth Simons on Instagram
- Check out She’s Still There by Chrystal Hurst
==> Click to Tweet
- God doesn’t want us to put on a glossy exterior to hide a messy interior. Ruth Simons
- What we believe about who God is will dictate how we respond to Him. Ruth Simons
- I don’t find my worth in my abilities, talents or actions – I find my worth in Christ. Ruth Simons
- We cannot trust what God says about us until we trust God. Ruth Simons
==> General Links
- Find Ruth Simons on her website , Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- Order GraceLaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart by Ruth Simons
- Order She’s Still There
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What expectation for your life do you need to surrender to God’s plan for your life?
- Do you need to schedule self-care into your life? What is one practical way you could do that in the next month?
- How can you worship God today in the middle of your normal routines?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!