She’s Still There moments come in all shapes and sizes. Many of us have major and minor ones.
Today, Wynter Pitts shares a a little of both!
In this fun and honest episode, I talk with my cousin Wynter about a moment that she can laugh out loud about now. We also talk about her major She’s Still There moment–a season of life where she felt like life was too much, too overwhelming, too different from what she thought she wanted. Wynter talks about making the decision to trust God even when she didn’t feel like it, honoring herself and her creativity in motherhood, and how motherhood ended up being the path the Lord chose to refine and grow her passions and gifts.
Wynter is the wife of Jonathan and proud mom of FOUR girls! She is also the founder of For Girls Like You magazine, co-author of Hello Stars with her oldest daughter Alena, and co- author of her newest book, She is Yours, with her husband, which released only a few weeks ago.
Wynter never saw herself living the wife, mom, and minivan life. Her dream was to live, travel, and explore London as a carefree, independent woman. But God had other plans.
Sometimes God gives us what we think we don’t want. Often He allows things to happen that we didn’t plan for and we may feel as if we’re missing out on the life we wanted. But God has made it clear that He’s given us everything we need and more to live out the life that He has for us. He is writing a story that is better than one we could imagine for ourselves, and our part is simply choosing to trust Him with the next thing.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Raising girls to know their identity in Christ
- Trusting God when you have a life you didn’t plan for
- Using your passions and creativity inside the home
Resources From Today’s Show
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Hurst
- Order She is Yours by Wynter Pitts
- Subscribe to For Girls Like You magazine
- Order Hello Stars by Wynter and Alena Pitts
==> Click to Tweet
- “All the things that I loved doing outside of my home, I started doing in my home.” – Wynter Pitts
- “God wastes nothing, and He uses everything.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “When we are obedient and use the gifts He’s given us, He produces greatness.” – Wynter Pitts
- “My girls will know more about who they are in Christ by how I live, than by what I actually say to them.” – Wynter Pitts
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s She’s Still There Story with Candace Payne? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How are you nurturing your gifts and passions?
- Have you ever struggled with your season of life… even when it was a good season?
- How did today’s podcast encourage you to make a shift in your perspective?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!