The Hidden Years. That’s what I’ve come to call the time during life where we feel behind the scenes and as if we are moving slow or not moving forward at all. It’s hard not to feel noticed, to be applauded, or to be recognized for the life you live in the shadows of a world that is always looking for a shining star.
But how we live in the hidden years determines how well we live once those years have passed. Living well in those years requires focus — a focus on the end result or the “finish line”. The very things that people admire most about me, my life, or the lives of my immediate and extended family have been built outside of the limelight during seasons that were more mundane than miraculous.
The everyday is where it’s at.
It’s just that most of us are not interested in the everyday. It’s not exciting, it’s not fast and furious, and it’s certainly not what we brag about on social media.
Today I share a bit more of my own story and how the hidden years have helped to shape my life. I talk about what focus is, and how to develop your life, particular during the seasons where most of us are tempted to give up and quit running hard after the various finish lines we identify in our lives.
While I spend the first half of my book, She’s Still There, encouraging you and hopefully motivating you to pay attention to the girl in you, the second half of the book (and this podcast series) are a bit more of a firm rub on the back — with a little bit of a push. The girl in you won’t come out of the shadows without a little work.
And you are the only person who can hold her hand and bring her out of hiding.
Today I invite you to do the work of developing the life of the girl in you.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- What it means to develop your life
- How to live with focus
- The key to having discipline in your life
==> Click to Tweet
- When it comes to your heart, your mind, your soul, and your body, be a ruthless gatekeeper.
- When you don’t know what you are supposed to do next, just continue doing whatever God told you to do last.
- It’s never too late. We have never fallen too far. God’s grace can reach anyone, anywhere, at anytime.
==> Resources from Today’s Show
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss part 2 of my She’s Still There story? Check it out here!
Purchase Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Are you living with focus? Why or why not?
- Do you consider yourself to be a naturally disciplined person?
- In what areas of your life do you need to exercise more discipline?
- What childhood hurt has helped make you a better person?
- Are you living through a season of “the hidden years”? How were you encouraged after listening to today’s podcast.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!