Unaware of the changes that were taking place in how I saw my world and how I valued the gift of me, I went from being the girl who pretty much got everything right to the girl who got a lot of it wrong. I lost sight of my value and replaced intentional living according to my worth with intentional living trying to earn and keep acceptance.
The girl, once bold and daring learned to carry shame. She exchanged her gift of empathy for tough skin. She went from believing that God would use her greatly to wondering if he could use her at all.
Today I share a bit of my own story as a backdrop for why I wrote She’s Still There and why the message matters so personally to me. My hope is that every person would know and believe that they are a uniquely created soul and be willing to join in the rescue effort for the girl that they once knew, never had the opportunity to get acquainted with, or the girl they hope God can unearth.
Each and every day we get to choose. We can live, accepting the status quo and settling for life with a deep ache for something more. Or we can choose to trust God to bring out the best in us and to help us discover or rediscover the best of the girl inside.
Today I invite you to choose.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- The problem with drift
- How drift begins and continues
- How and why you should stop the drift
==> Click to Tweet
- I don’t want to make the same mistake in another form in another season.
- You have an opportunity each and every day to choose to change.
- Lost doesn’t equal lifeless, there is always hope.
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Pre-Order She’s Still There now! Goodies disappear on August 7th!
- Connect with Chrystal on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss last week’s podcast with Jackie Hill Perry? Check it out here!
Purchase Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Have you ever experienced a drift in your life? Tell me about it.
- What dream from childhood is yet unfulfilled?
- What childhood hurt has helped make you a better person?
- Pain is information. What pain are you experiencing in your life right now and what is that pain telling you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!