This week is “Mom Week” so I’ll be posting THREE podcasts with different moms in different seasons.
On today’s podcast, I’m chatting with founder of iMom, Susan Merrill. Susan is the mother of five grown children who shares wonderful wisdom for moms of toddlers, teens, and twenty-somethings, marriage, and what it means to make your moments matter. In addition, Susan and her husband, Mark, started Family First Ministries over 25 years ago. Walking through an unexpected opened door, Susan shares how the Lord gave them strength to walk in obedience despite being advised by others not to.
Susan is also the digital marketing director for Family First Ministries so we talk about the changes and advances we’ve seen in social media and technology in just the last decade, the impact it has on society and the affect it has on children and young adults.
Susan has a great story and an even greater heart. She calls herself a hybrid of all sorts. So regardless of what stage of life you’re in, I’m sure you’ll take something away from this episode. If you’re a wife, mom, or woman needing to hear a testimony of the goodness of God, take some time to listen to this podcast.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Advice for moms
- Expectations in marriage
- Living the Insta-life
==> Click to Tweet
- God opens doors knowing we can’t walk through them alone and gracefully gives us the strength to do it. – Susan Merrill
- You can take steps to love well even when you aren’t being loved well. – Susan Merrill
- Comparison breeds discontentment – Susan Merrill
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Connect with Susan online on her website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- List to Love by for Busy Wives by Susan Merrill
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Spy on Your Kids by Susan Merrill
- 5 Kinds of Compliments Your Husband Needs by Susan Merrill
- Cherish by Gary Thomas
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What tips, tricks, or hacks do you monitoring screen time and social media for your children?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!