What goes into the making of a home?
There is a “need” for home and that feeling of belonging to a home.
Home is who God is in a very tangible way.
But how do you create it?
Today I’m talking with mother and daughter duo Sally and Sarah Clarkson who have teamed up to write the book “The Lifegiving Home“.
Home isn’t necessarily one physical house that you stay in for a long time but more a certain identity and culture that you carry with you wherever you go.
Sally and Sarah share with us today that even though their family has moved many times there has always been a balance between rhythm, routine and play that went with them. Today they share encouragement and practical tips on how you can create that same atmosphere within your family home.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- What does being “home” mean to you?
- How do you create an environment and atmosphere that is safe within in your home for your family?
- Have a question you’d like for me to answer on a future podcast? Share your question with me HERE.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“The Life Giving Home”
- The culture that is created within a home matters more than the home itself.
- Mealtimes and sitting around a table together is key to creating a life giving home.
- Create a home of fun and creativity full of resources to engage your family in conversation and activity.
Would you like your own copy of The Life-giving Home and the Lifegiving Home Experience? Leave a comment below about how you make your house a home. A reader will be picked at random on Monday at 5pm CST and be notified. So go ahead share with us how you already make your house a home for your family.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Did you miss the previous podcast? Check out HERE!
- Want to receive my blog posts in your inbox? CLICK HERE
- Want to read my book? Check out Kingdom Woman!
- Connect with Sally on her blog HERE!
- Connect with Sarah on her blog HERE!
==> Tweet-able Quotes:
- “Home is more than just a house-it’s where love, life and treasured memories can grow all year long.” @sally_clarkson
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!