I ran my first marathon on December 14th.
December 14th may turn out to be my last marathon.
The jury is still out.
In the meantime, I have taken to analyzing my run and extracting lessons both for the future of my running (I haven’t been running outdoors since) and the future of my life.
And there are lots of lessons to be learned.
Today, I chat on the podcasts about how my race almost killed me… not physically, although that could have been a reality as well, but emotionally and mentally. I knew that the marathon would be a mental race but good grief!
I really had no idea.
Listen in! You’ll be glad you did.
The takeaway from today?
Don’t pull up or give in.
Finish even if it’s killing you.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“How My First Marathon Almost Killed Me”
- Comparison will kill you. Keep your eyes focused on YOUR feet.
- Rain will happen. The unexpected will occur. It may be harder than you think. Keep going.
Victory experienced on your own is great. Victory experienced with others is even greater.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Did you miss my TWO podcasts? CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE to listen!
- Want to receive my blog post in your inbox? CLICK HERE
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
- Resources for running.
- Check out UBER!
- Check out Soul Cycle
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- Are you constantly comparing yourself to others? How?
- What unexpected events have occurred in your life and thrown you off track?
- How to you include others in your life as you move toward your finish line?
- What touched your heart most from this podcast?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!