Happy Monday Ya’ll!
I’ve been thinking all week about what I wanted to share with you and am excited that it’s Monday so that I can do just that!
It’s almost the summer! This means that we are on the brink of a new season with possibilities for new things!
Today’s podcast category is FAMILY. But let me take a second and tell what FAMILY is…
Family is more than husband and kids. When I say “family” I’m speaking of all the people the comprise your circle of influence. That includes you, your nuclear family, your extended family, your friends, etc… We don’t live life in a vacuum. We live alongside others people and part of our journey is living with them well!
So how do we plan for success for “family” as our spring winds down and the summer ramps up?
Here’s the good news…
You are in the perfect sweet spot to get a mental “jumpstart” on the upcoming months. Today I’m talking about tools and strategies for you to have a successful summer plan and to accomplish the things that matter to you personally and in your circles of influence. Listen in as I chat about how to get ahead of yourself, your family, your friends, and your LIFE!
It is my personal aim over the next couple of weeks to get my thoughts out of my head and heart and down on paper where I can SEE them and hold myself accountable. How exactly do I do that? Well… that’s exactly what today’s podcast is all about.
If you have no idea how to listen to a podcast – scroll down to the end of this post and I’ll tell you everything you need to know!
Grab your headphones and join me for a chat. Keep reading if you want to take a peek at the show notes!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“Plan Your Successful Summer “
- Summer is coming. It’s a great time of year to make some short term goals then make those goals happen!
- Get things out of your head and onto paper. Written intentions = accountability.
- Decide on your preferred method of recording your written intentions (I give lots of ideas).
- Make a commitment to regularly review your written goals. Weekly works for me! When you review, you can assess how “on-plan” or “off-plan” you are. If you are “off-plan” then plan to get back on!
- Steps to successful planning:
- Brain Dump – don’t try to hold it in your head. List things that are important to you in no particular order.
- Take the time to go through your brain dump and assign items to your electronic or hardcopy calendar. If there is not a calendar specific time period . Use your “Master Task List” (or Evernote) to keep track of the general time period in which you which to complete that item.
- Review your plans on a weekly basis. Review what actually got done. Assess what needs to be done in the week to come.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Leverage technology to work for you by using electronic calendars such as iCal, Google Calendar, or Outlook
- Take the time to look at your life one week at a time. A spiral notebook will work just fine by then again the Moleskin Weekly Planning Calendar is so nice!
- Need to display your plans for others in your household? Try Amy Knapp’s Big Grid Family Wall Calendar.
- Need to put a time frame on things that are not quite ready for your calendar? You are warned. View at your own risk. Check out my brain dump – a.k.a. Master Task List.
- You don’t have to type up that crazy task list I just referenced! If you don’t mind using some free technology to get the same job done, check out Evernote! Here’s a great guide for getting started – The Secret Weapon. Also, here are tips for 12 Surprising Ways to Use Evernote from Michael Hyatt, an avid user of the program.
- Need ideas for what to do with your kids this summer? Check out one of my old “Summer Activities” lists!
- Don’t depend on your brain. Keep a small notebook with you to catch all of those random thoughts that pop up in your head! This one is my favorite – Mead Five Star Personal Spiral Notebook.
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Start listen with Part I! Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What are your goals for YOU this summer?
- What are your goals for the circles of people with which you interact – family, friends, etc.?
- How do you stay organized with your time and your plans?
- What tools do you use to corral your thoughts and bring them down to a manageable level?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!